An easy 80-mile drive east of Tucson, this new KOA offers an idyllic high-desert getaway in the shadow of 10,720-foot Graham Peak. Explore the sheer cliffs and granite domes of Cochise Stronghold, named for the famed Apache chief, and stop by Fort Bowie National Historic Site. Nearby, the striking rock pinnacles and diverse habitats of Chiricahua National Monument make this a prime destination for birding and hiking. The Wild West frontier town of Tombstone is about an hour away. You are in the heart of Cochise County's wine region, home to several tasting rooms set among scenic vineyards. Back at camp, dig into delicious meals at the KOA Roadrunner Kafe or on our large covered patio, enjoy hand-dipped ice cream and check out the variety of group activities. Browse the camp store for groceries, RV supplies and unique gifts. You'll also find an RV/truck wash right next door. Pool: Open all year. Max pull thru: 110 feet.
Where Is Willcox/Cochise KOA Holiday Located?
Campgrounds near Willcox wine country offer a taste of Arizona with nearby wineries, tasting rooms and vineyards just minutes away. Visitors love visiting Golden Rule Vineyards, Coronado Vineyards and the microbrewery at Tirrito Farm. Tour the area's landmarks, highways and regions when you visit:
What to Do While Camping at Willcox/Cochise KOA?
- Landmarks: Our campground provides vacationers a base station near jaw-dropping scenic views, hiking and bird watching. We're less than a 45-minute drive away from the beautiful Chiricahua National Monument.
- Highways: Traveling to and from our campsite, I-10 at exit 340 includes gas stations and fast food and restaurant services.
- Regions: We're situated in the southeastern corner of Arizona, about one hour east of Tucson and about one hour from New Mexico's border.
Experience the peaceful outdoors and take some fantastic pictures with scenic hiking trails surrounded by the Chiricahua and Dragoon mountains while camping near Willcox, AZ. Enjoy wildlife and the natural beauty of the land while marveling at breathtaking sunrises and sunsets. If you would like to experience local wines, our campground is the perfect home base for a wine-tasting excursion. Make memories with these unique attractions, activities and adventures
What Amenities Does Willcox/Cochise KOA Offer?
- Attractions: Drive-by or hike in the mountains with spectacular rock formations and abundant wildlife at Fort Bowie Historic Site. You can see hawks, eagles and other birds in outdoor landscapes like the Cochise Stronghold and Safford Recreation Area, about 40 minutes away from our campsite.
- Activities: Learn about the region's Native Americans and cowboys at the Rex Allen Museum & Willcox Cowboy Hall of Fame or watch a film at the Willcox Historic Theater, located about 5 minutes from the campsite. Go shopping in Historic Downtown Willcox or learn about western history only 5 minutes away at the Chiricahua Regional Museum & Research Center.
- Adventures: Pick delicious apples with your family at a farm and orchard seasonally at Apple Annie's Orchard, only 12 minutes away. Explore a fascinating cave about 45 minutes away at Kartchner Caverns State Park or make an appointment to visit Inde Motorsports Ranch, only 17 minutes away. You can also observe the stars with telescopes at Mount Graham International Observatory.
We offer several excellent amenities
for a fun and comfortable stay. Our convenient campground includes the KOA Roadrunner Kafe
, where you can feast on breakfast, lunch and dinner during your vacation. Enjoy delicious pecan cinnamon rolls and biscuits with gravy for breakfast. You can either dine-in, take food to go or have meals delivered to your campsite. Cool off with some delicious Blue Bell hand-dipped ice cream, root beer floats or milkshakes for a sweet treat later in the day.
Splash in the pool all year-round and relax in the hot tub. If you would like to catch up on some sports or TV shows, we offer cable TV with over 20 channels for your enjoyment and great Wi-Fi. Play cards, puzzles and games in the recreation room where you can make new friends while on vacation. For some outdoor activities, play on the playground's slides, swings, climbing bars, bouncing horses and sandbox. There is fun for everyone, including the family dog, who can run around with other pups at the fenced and lighted Kamp K-9 dog park.
Our big-rig friendly campground features include large patios, on-site fills for propane, RV accessories and Dump & Fill stations. We offer a 50 amp max and can accommodate 110-foot maximum length. Gather around the gas fire pit or adjacent conversation areas with other friendly campers. If you need to buy snacks, firewood, propane, RV parts or other camping essentials, feel free to drop by the Camp Store. There are plenty of exciting things to do and see at our campground in Willcox, AZ.
What Site Types Are Available?
Experience nature from the window views of your parked RV, sleep in a log cabin or go glamping in Willcox, AZ. There is a campsite option for everyone at our KOA Campground. We also offer group event facilities for companies wanting a workplace retreat. Select your desired vacation days with your number of guests to see accommodation choices. We offer:
Book a Stay at Willcox/Cochise KOA Holiday and Start Making Memories!
- RV: Grill kabobs or steaks and sit back on some patio furniture while watching cable TV. Our RV Sites provide ideal outdoor arrangements for your friends and family. Our Pull-Thru and Back-In Sites offer various options including water, Wi-Fi, a hard patio surface with outdoor tables and chairs, additional seating, a picnic table, fire ring and grills with pet-friendly accommodations.
- Cabin: Our Camping Cabins are perfect if you prefer a more traditional camping experience with added comfort. Enjoy campfire meals like hotdogs and s'mores alongside benefits like cable TV, a Mini Fridge, a porch swing and a charcoal grill. Bathrooms, showers and a pool are nearby. Bring your own linens or linens are available for purchase and pets are allowed.
- Glamping: Stay protected and have a fun vacation in a beautiful log cabin. Shower after a day of hiking and cook dinner inside the kitchen or on the grill. Perks of our Deluxe Cabins include linens provided, cable with over 20 channels, a partial kitchen, a full bath with a shower, a porch swing, a Weber gas grill and a spacious patio.
- Tent: An individual Tent Site is perfect for a couple, small family or friends. Breathe in the fresh Arizona air and stargaze at night with our most outdoorsy accommodation. When you book a Tent Site, you receive water, electricity, a gravel tent pad, a fire pit, and a location near restrooms, a pool and the store at our Willcox KOA campground.
Explore the history and culture at Willcox/Cochise KOA Holiday during the day and come back at night to a cozy campfire. For more information, please go to the general information page
. When you're ready, call 800-562-5415
to reserve your stay or book online today