If you're looking for a peaceful night's sleep in the beauty of Northern Ontario, you'll want to stay at this 74-acre fully landscaped resort, located just 1/4 mile from the Trans-Canada Highway. Set amongst tall trees, this campground offers spacious deluxe patio RV sites with pull-throughs and back-ins, separate tenting areas, as well as rustic Camping Cabins and beautiful new Deluxe Cabins with kitchenettes, washrooms and full patios.
Relax around the campfire and plan the next day's activities, which could include the famous Agawa Canyon Tour Train, Canadian Bushplane Heritage Centre, Soo Locks Tour, Casino Sault Ste. Marie or golfing at one of the many area golf courses, all minutes away.
There are plenty of activities at the campground, such as mini-golf, fun bikes, New Mining sluice, relaxing by the pool or hiking the nature trails, as well as the Brand New children's play area. The laundry room is clean and spacious. There is an outdoor pavilion with big-screen TV located right beside the Camping Kitchen. Be sure to visit the fully stocked gift and con venience store with something for everyone. Campers have access to free Wi-Fi throughout the park.
This campground is very pet friendly! For your fur kids, there is the ever-popular KampK9® dog park, Rover's Run and a state-of-the-art self-serve dog grooming salon. And to keep your rig sparkling, take advantage of the do-it-yourself high-pressure RV wash station on-site.
GPS Coordinates: 46.34N 84.19W
Where Is Sault Ste. Marie KOA located?
Camping near Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario is conveniently located near these landmarks, highways and regions:
What to Do While Camping at Sault Ste. Marie KOA Holiday?
- Landmarks: About 15 minutes away from our campground, the St. Mary's river flows between Canada and the United States at the Sault Ste. Marie International Bridge.
- Highways: Our campground is located less than a 1/4 mile from the Trans-Canada Highway 17, which links the eastern and western regions of the country.
- Regions: South-Central Ontario is north of the United States border at the heart of the Great Lakes near Lake Huron and our Lake Superior circle tour lodging.
Tour the beauty of Ontario with these local things to do
near our Sault Ste. Marie campground:
What Amenities Does Sault Ste. Marie KOA Holiday Offer?
- Attractions: Ride a horse and buggy through the Victorian-style Mackinac Island, visit the oldest house Northwest of Toronto, The Ermatinger Old Stone House, and go to the Canadian Bushplane Heritage Centre. You can also learn about the city's history at the Salt Museum and Vision Art Gallery.
- Activities: Go deep water fishing and fly fishing on the St. Mary's river. You can fish along rapids at the bridge or in the area's lakes — it is all only 15 minutes to one hour away from our campground. If you love golf, there are plenty of hot spots, like Root River Golf Club and Crimson Ridge Golf Course. You can also go shopping at the Station Mall or Algoma Farmers Market.
- Adventures: Head to Laird Raceway for an exciting day watching car races; there is even a children's play area. You can also attend a summer concert at the Roberta Bondar Park Pavilion, where local orchestras, church choirs and bands play for fun events with dancing and food.
Our pet-friendly campground in Ontario offers unique amenities and services
like the dog agility field, Rover's Run dog park and KampK9, where dogs run and play. Our campground hiking trails also provide a great place to enjoy a nature walk with your dog. Feel free to clean your furry friends later at the on-site, self-serve dog grooming salon. Need to freshen up, too? Our facility offers laundry services as well.
Find everything you need, like food, ice cream, gifts, souvenirs and firewood, at our Camp Store. Our Kamping Kitchen offers an area for cooking your meals. Campground-wide Wi-Fi and cable TV with over 20 channels provide internet and entertainment for your convenience.
Kids can stay busy with fun recreational activities,
like mini golf, a life-sized checkers game, gaga ball, cornhole, ladder toss, horseshoes and more. The KOA Kid's Koral playground offers swings, slides and other exciting play equipment. Bike rentals provide exciting transportation around the campground, too. The pool opens on June 1 and closes in September, after Labor Day weekend.
What Site Types Are Available?
Experience the wilderness with these camping options:
Booking Your Stay and Other Important Information
- RV: Pull-Thru and Back-In Sites provide options for a maximum length of 132 feet and up to 50 amps, with varying site hookups and slideout options. With each RV Site, we offer on-site parking with gravel and water. Along with our campground RV wash which allows you to clean your RV after traveling.
- RV with Patios: These sites are an upgrade to normal RV sites including hard surface patios, shade, trees, patio furniture, propane BBQ, an umbrella and additional seating near a fire ring. Along with our campground RV wash which allows you to clean your RV after traveling.
- Cabin: Our Camping Cabins offer a rustic lodging experience without a restroom or kitchen. Registered pets are allowed in our Camping Cabins, and linens are available to rent at the store. The site comes with a charcoal grill, fire pit, picnic table, mini-fridge, a ceiling fan and more.
- Glamping: Do you want to camp with more of the creature comforts that feel like home? Our Deluxe Cabins provide a partial kitchen and a full bath with a tub and shower. They also include many other modern amenities, such as air conditioning, heat, a coffee maker, a sink, cookware and utensils, linens and a mini-fridge.
- Tent: Restrooms, pool, playground, pavilion and Kamping Kitchens are located near our Tent Sites for your convenience. Other Tent Site benefits include water and electric options, on-site parking, trees, a picnic table, additional seating and a fire ring. Our Tent Sites are also pet friendly.
We look forward to providing you with a safe and comfortable stay at our campground near Sault Ste Marie, Ontario. Prepare for your trip by reading our general campground information
- Limited hours: Restrooms are closed for cleaning from noon to 1 p.m. daily. The Camp Store opens at 9 a.m. daily with flexible closing hours. Please respect quiet hours beginning at 10 p.m. each night.
- Check-in and check-out: Check-in for all site types is 1 p.m.
- Pet registration: Pets are welcome in our Camping Cabins and must be registered at check-in with a one-time cleaning fee of $10 per stay. Guests are responsible for any damage their pet causes, and all pets must be crated if left unattended for an extended period.
- Making or changing reservations: Call 800-532-0847 or book your reservation online today. Please call or email us to make edits on a reservation rather than creating a new reservation and asking us to cancel. We look forward to having you stay with us!